Leigh HSC Speaker Series
We are excited to announce a series of presentations that we hope will provide an opportunity for parents to learn more about our school. We invite you to join us! These presentations will be set up as Zoom webinars: presenters will be seen on screen but attendees will not. Attendees will be able to ask questions via a chat box and will also be able to unmute themselves and speak/interact if they wish.
These webinars will be recorded. Links to recorded sessions will be included below.
How Schools Are Funded
May 20th, 2020
Thank you to everyone who joined us to learn about how schools are funded and, specifically, how Leigh is funded. Nancy Pfeiffer, CUHSD Assistant Superintendent of Business Services, presented on topics including:
- Where do California’s Public School Funds Come From
- Prop 13 and how it impacts school funding
- Local Control Funding Formula
- Where do CUHSD/Leigh funds come from
- How is CUHSD/Leigh money spent
- The financial impact of COVID-19 on the CUHSD/Leigh budget
VIEW recording of the webinar here (Password: 6l&^1982)
VIEW presentation slide deck here
QUESTIONS on webinar? Email Nancy Pfeiffer at firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN more about CUHSD budget and the impact of COVID
LEARN more about how schools are funded at Ed100.org
PARTICIPATE in CUHSD surveys.
CONTACT our state and federal legislators. Email our legislators here with one click.
SHARE your comments with the District by sending an email addressed to all Board members and Dr. Bravo:
- Robert Bravo: email@example.com
- Kalen Gallagher: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stacey Brown: email@example.com
- Robert Varich: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristiina Arrasmith: email@example.com
- Linda Goytia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Booster Clubs at Leigh and what they do
May 26th, 2020
Thank you to everyone who joined us to learn about the different parent organizations at Leigh. Representatives from each organization will share the work they do to support our school:
- Home & School Club
- PAPA (Performing Arts Parent Association)
- Sports Boosters
- Spirit Boosters
The CUHSD Education Foundation and its impact on Leigh
Monday, June 1st, 4-5pm
Established as a 501(c)3 in May 2018, the Campbell Union High School District Ed Foundation’s goal is to expand the resources and opportunities available to students at Leigh and the other schools in our district. Join us to learn more about this organization and how it supports our students and teachers at Leigh. Education Foundation website: https://www.cuhsdef.org/
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.